About Atasu

Atasu town belongs to Auraiya district of Uttar Pradesh. It is sited distance of 26 km away from the district headquarters Auraiya, 193 km away from the state headquarters Lucknow and 358 km away from the national capital Delhi. Atasu town was initially under Etawah district and by 1997 the town came under the borders of the newly formed Auraiya district. Hindi and Urdu are the most spoken languages of the town.

Geography of Atasu

Geography of AtasuThe city is elevated at a height of 145 meters above sea level and it has its coordinates at 26° 36' 20  North latitude and 79° 21' 14 East longitude. Atasu is bounded by Mahewa Tehsil in the west, Achchalda Tehsil in the North, Chakarnagar Tehsil in the west and Auraiya Tehsil in the East. The cities sited nearby Atasu are Bhajanpura at 20 km away, Achhalda at 22 km away, Bharthana at 32 km away and Etawah at 44 km away.  

The Taluks located close to the town are Ajitmal at less than 1 km away, Mahewa at 12 km away, Achchalda at 22 km away and Chakarnagar at 23 km away. The districts that lie nearby the town are Etawah at 43 km away, Jalaun at 51 km away and Bhind at 58 km away. Atasu is located on the border of Auraiya district which makes it closer to Etawah district towards its west. The city lies close to the banks of River Yamuna, River Chambel, River Kunwari and River Sindh all towards its west. Summers are very hot and winters are cool in the town. Humid sub-tropical climate prevails in the town. The town lies in Gangetic plain. 

Demography of Atasu

As per 2011 census the town homes nearly 2071 houses and has a total population of 11568 out of which male constitutes 6236 and female constitutes 5332. The density of population in the city is 1446 inch per sq km in an area of 8 sq km. The population growth in Atasu is increased by +0.88 % when compared to the previous census of 2001. The sex ratio in Atasu is 855 female per 1000 male. The children in the city between the age group of 0 to 6 years is 1586 that is 13.71 % of the total Atasu population. 

The child sex ratio in Atasu is 909 girls out of 1000 boys. The literacy rate in the city 84.41 % out of which male constitutes 90.56 % and female constitutes 77.15 %. Nearly 20.40 % of the total city population belongs to Schedule caste. Nearly 5093 people of the total population are employed out of which male constitutes 3661 and female constitutes 1432. Out of the total working population 72.53 % are engaged main work and the rest of 27.47 % are engaged in marginal work.  

Tourist Places nearby Atasu

The town is site amidst many popular places of interest like Kannauj at 92 km away, Bithur at 106 km away, Kanpur at 113 km away, Gwalior at 133 km away and Datia at 146 km away.

Administration in Atasu

Atasu constitutes a Nagar Panchayat and the Atasu Nagar Panchayat for the local self-government in the city. The Nagar Panchayat is divided into 11 wards for which election are held every 5 years and 11 ward members are elected to form the local body. Atasu operates under Kanpur division of State administration. Atasu comes under Kannauj Lok Sabha constituency and the current MP of Atasu is Shri Dimple Yadav. 

Transport in Atasu

The transport facility in Atasu town is not so good. Khushalpur to Babarpur road is the only major roadways running the town. The city does not own an airport or railway station. The nearby airports are Kanpur airport at 123 km away and 125 km away. The nearby major railway station is the Farrukhabad airport at 105 km away. Other railway stations close to the city are Achhalda railway station at 20 km away and Ghasara halt railway station at 20 km away from the town. 

Quick Facts about Atasu

State: Uttar Pradesh
District: Auraiya
Division: Kanpur
Altitude: 141 m
Latitude: 26° 36' 20  N
Longitude: 79° 21' 14 E
Local Languages: Hindi and Urdu

136
  • SHARE THIS
  • TWEET THIS
  • SHARE THIS
  • COMMENT
  • LOVE THIS 0
  • E-mail

Comments / Discussion Board - About Atasu

Loader